- (Art, photography) A decorative border around a picture
- ''The image is a perfect square of 8 cm (with white border the total dimensions are 14 cm tall by 11 cm wide).
- (context, cinema) A background, often paint, painted or created with computer, computers
- Matte painting is a tool that filmmakers can use to create a scene that is either too impractical, too costly or simply too impossible to achieve with conventional cinematographic means.
(wikipedia, Matte (metallurgy))
- (context, pyrometallurgy) The molten metal sulfide phases typically formed during smelting of copper, nickel, and other base metals
- dull, not reflect, reflective of light
- Flat or paint allows a deep color expression on the walls while also hiding flaws that may be inherent on the painted surface.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for matte for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.