noun (wikipedia, Maroon (people))
- An escaped negro slave of the Caribbean and the Americas or a descendant of escaped slaves.
- A castaway; a person who has been marooned.
- French: nègre marron , nègresse marron , nègre libre , nègresse libre
- Spanish: esclavo cimarrón
- To abandon in a remote, desolate place, as on a deserted island.
- Associated with Maroon culture, communities or peoples.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for maroon for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.