- A polite form of address for a woman or lady.
- Mrs Grey wondered if the outfit she was trying on made her look fat. The sales assistant just said, "It suits you ".
- Later Mrs Grey was sitting in her favourite tea shop. "Would like the usual cream cakes and patisserie with her tea?" the waitress asked.
- The mistress of a household.
- (colloquial) A conceited or quarrelsome girl.
- ''Selina kept pushing and shoving during musical chairs. The nursery school teacher said she was a bad-tempered little .
- (slang) A woman who runs a brothel. http://www.iidb.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=213878 Senator Vitter
- Republican Senator w:David Vitter
- Prostitution scandal, David Vitter of Louisiana, whose phone number is in the little black books of more than one , has issued a statement saying that god has forgiven him.
- When she was getting to old to work as a prostitute she became a .
Etymology: From madame, from ma "my" + dame "lady", from post-classical Latin mea domina.
- French: madame
- French, madame
- German: Puffmutter
- Italian: signora
- Spanish: seí±ora
(trans-top, woman who manages a brothel)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for madam for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.