- Something that happens to someone by chance, a chance occurrence.
- The raffle is just a matter of .
- A superstitious feeling that brings fortune or success.
- He blew on the dice for .
- Dutch: geluk
- French: chance
- German: Glí¼ck
- Italian: fortuna , sorte
- Spanish: suerte
- (intransitive) To succeed by chance
Etymology: Shortened form of Middle Dutch: gheluc (happiness)
- He lucked into a great job.
- (intransitive) To rely on luck.
- No plan. We're just to going to have to through.
- (transitive) To carry out relying on luck.
- Our plan is to it through.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for luck for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.