- A slatted opening in a wall, door or window.
- Any of a series of narrow openings framed at their longer edges with slanting, overlapping fins or slats, adjustable for admitting light and air while shutting out rain.
- A fin or slat framing such an opening.
- A ventilating turret or lantern, as on the roof of a medieval building.
- Any of a system of slits, as in the hood of an automobile, for ventilation.
- Dutch: luifel
- French: auvent
- German: Luftschlitz
- Italian: feritoia
- Spanish: lumbrera
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for louver for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.