- an instance of losing
- The match ended in their first of the season.
- something that is lost
- It was written off as a .
- the condition of having lost something or someone
- We mourn his .
- (plural) casualties, especially in wartime
- The battle was won, but losses were great.
- (financial) The money a company loses. The expenditures and taxes minus total income, when this difference is positive.
- (engineering) power expended without doing useful work.
Etymology: Old English los
- French: perte(fr)f
- German: Verlust(de)m
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for loss for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.