- (boxing) A boxer in a weight division having a maximum limit of 135 pounds for professionals and 132 pounds for amateurs.
- (bodybuilding) A competitive weight division between bantamweight and welterweight, with specific weights varying by organization.
- One of little consequence or ability.
- A person who can't handle their drink.
Etymology: light + weight
- Lacking in earnestness, ability, or profundity
- Having less than average weight
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lightweight for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.