- top or cover of a container
- (slang) a cap or hat
- (slang) one ounce of cannabis
- (surfing slang, mainly Australia) bodyboard or bodyboarder
- the rest of us managed to dodge out of control lid riders — Kneelo Knews August 2003 http://www.kneeboardsurfing.co.uk/html_pages/kneeloknewsAugust03.htm
- Mal rider, shortboard or lid everyone surfs like a kook sometimes. — realsurf.com message board 2001 http://www.realsurf.com/completesurfer-responses.htm
- (slang) a motorcyclist's crash helmet
- Dutch: deksel(nl)n
- French: couvercle (1)
- German: Deckel
- Italian: coperchio(it)m
Etymology: hlid, from Germanic
- Kurdish: (t, ku, qepax, f)
- Spanish: tapa(es)f
- hliío-m. Cognate with Dutch Dutch, lid, German Augenlid, (Augen)lid "eyelid".
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lid for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.