- An aquatic blood-sucking annelid of class Hirudinea, especially Hirudo medicinalis.
- A person who derives profit from others, in a parasitic fashion.
- (obsolete) A physician.
verb (leech, es)
- Dutch: bloedzuiger
- French: sangsue
- German: Blutegel , Egel
- Italian: sanguisuga
- Spanish: sanguijuela , hirudíneo
- To apply a medicinally.
- To drain the resources of, without giving back.
- Bert leeched hundreds of files from the BBS, but never uploaded anything in return.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for leech for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.