- A shelf on which articles may be laid; also, that which resembles such a shelf in form or use, as a projecting ridge or part, or a molding or edge in joinery.
- A shelf, ridge, or reef, of rocks.
- A layer or stratum.
- A lode; a limited mass of rock bearing valuable mineral.
- A piece of timber to support the deck, placed athwartship between beams.
- See lege
- Noun, lege.
- German: Ader
- Italian: filone :it:filone, Â°
- Spanish: repisa
(trans-top, of rocks)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ledge for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.