- A flat panel constructed with widely-spaced crossed thin strips of wood or other material. It is commonly used as a garden trellis.
- (crystallography) a regular spacing or arrangement of geometric points, often decorated with a motif.
- (algebra) A partially ordered set in which every pair of elements has a unique supremum and an infimum.
Etymology: From Middle English latis < Middle French lattis ('lathing').
- Dutch: rooster, tralies
- French: treillage , treillis , grillage
- German: Gitter
- Spanish: celosía , rejilla , enrejado (1); reticulado , latis , enrejado (2)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lattice for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.