verb (infl, en, verb, head=to knock out)
- To strike or bump someone or something out.
- I accidentally knocked out the glass in my picture frame.
- To render someone unconscious, as by a blow to the head.
- The boxer knocked out his opponent in the third round.
- To put someone to sleep.
- The allergy pill knocked him out for a good three hours.
- To exhaust a personal or animal.
- Running errands all day really knocked him out.
- To complete, especially in haste; knock off.
- They knocked out the entire project in one night.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for knock out for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.