verb (knocks down, knocking down, knocked down)
Translations: (trans-top, hit or knock (something) so that it falls)
- (transitive) To hit or knock (something), intentionally or accidentally, so that it falls
- As I took the can off the shelf, I knocked down the one beside it.
- (transitive) To demolish.
- We knocked down the garden shed when we moved.
- (transitive) At an auction, to declare (something) sold with a blow from the gavel.
- The picture was knocked down for Â£50.
- (context, transitive, informal) To reduce the price of.
- They knocked it down by another Â£5, so we bought it.
- To drink fast
- I love to go down the pub and pints of lager.
(trans-top, declare something sold at an auction with a blow from the gavel)
(trans-top, reduce the price of)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for knock down for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.