- (music) A musical art form rooted in West African cultural and musical expression and in the African American blues tradition, with diverse influences over time, commonly characterized by blue notes, syncopation, swing, call and response, polyrhythms and improvisation.
- The (in)tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a thing.
- What were you referring to earlier?
- What is all this lying around?
- Unspecified thing(s).
- I'm just going down to the shops and = I am off to purchase items and etcetera.
- (with positive terms) Of excellent quality, the genuine article.
- That show was the ! = That musical concert/television program was most enjoyable.
- This risotto is simply the . = This risotto was cooked in the classic manner.
- Stop talking .
verb (jazzes, jazzing, jazzed)
- French: jazz(fr)m
- German: Jazz(de)m
- To play music.
- To dance to the tunes of music.
- To complicate.
Translations: Etymology: Etymology uncertain. See also w:Origin of the word jazz, Origin of the word jazz in Wikipedia.
- Don't it too much! = Be careful, it was good to start with!
- To destroy.
- You've gone and jazzed it now! = It is ruined.
- To distract/pester.
- Stop jazzing me! = Leave me alone.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for jazz for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.