- (given name, male, from Persian, ) of Persian origin, an English variant of Caspar.
- one of the Magi, also known as Caspar.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Jasper for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Translations: precious stone
Persian: Ù�Ø´Ù� (yaÅ¡m), Ù�Ø´Ø¨ (yaÅ¡b)
- (obsolete) Any bright-coloured kind of chalcedony apart from cornelian.
- (mineralogy) An opaque, impure variety of quartz, of red, yellow, and other dull colors, breaking conchoidally with a smooth surface.
- jasper ware, Jasper ware.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for jasper for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.