- envious, Envious; causing or arising from envy.
- enviable, Enviable; desirable.
- Prompted by or expressing or adapted to excite envious dislike or ill will; offensively or unfairly discriminate, discriminating.
Etymology: From invidiosusLatin, invidiÅsus < invidiaLatin, invidia "envy, ill will"< in-Latin, in- "upon" + videoLatin, videÅ "I see".
- The professor made distinctions based only on his own whim.
- hateful, Hateful; odious; detestable.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for invidious for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.