- (context, anatomy, often pluralized) The alimentary canal of an animal through which food passes after having passed all stomachs.
- One of certain subdivisions of this part of the alimentary canal, such as the small intestine, small or large intestine in human beings.
- Dutch: darm, ingewanden
- French: intestin
- German: Darm, Eingeweide (1,2)
- Italian: intestino
- Japanese: è…¸, è…¸ç®¡
- Spanish: intestino, intestinos
- Of or pertaining to the intestine.
- internal, Internal, domestic, especially in relation to a country or region.
- 1776, w:Edward_Gibbon, Edward Gibbon, The History of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, ch. 1,
- : Yet the success of Trajan, however transient, was rapid and specious. The degenerate Parthians, broken by discord, fled before his arms.
- German: Darm- (1), innere (2)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for intestine for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.