- A formal meeting, in person, for the assessment of a candidate or applicant.
- It was a dreadful ; I have no hope of getting the job.
- A conversation in which facts or opinions are sought.
- The reporter gave the witness an .
- The account of such a conversation.
- The was printed the next day.
- To obtain an interview with someone; and to have an interview.
- He interviewed the witness.
- The witness was interviewed.
Etymology: From entreveue (French: entrevue), from entreveer (entre- "inter-" + veeir "to see").
- French: avoir une entrevue; interroger (esp. by the police)
- German: interviewen(de)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for interview for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.