- (computing) An event that causes a computer to temporarily cease what it was doing and attend to a condition
- The caused the packet handler routine to run.
- to disturb or halt an ongoing process or action by interfere, interfering suddenly
- A maverick politician repeatedly interrupted the debate by shouting.
- (computing) To assert to a computer that an exceptional condition must be handled.
- The packet receiver circuit interrupted the microprocessor.
- German: unterbrechen(de)
- Spanish: interrumpir(es)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for interrupt for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.