- An intelligent person, someone interested in intellectual matters.
- (archaic) The intellect or understanding; mental powers or faculties.
- Belonging to, or performed by, the intellect; mental; as, intellectual powers, activities, etc.
- Endowed with intellect; having the power of understanding; having capacity for the higher forms of knowledge or thought; characterized by intelligence or mental capacity; as, an intellectual person.
- Suitable for exercising the intellect; formed by, and existing for, the intellect alone; perceived by the intellect; as, intellectual employments.
- Relating to the understanding; treating of the mind; as, intellectual philosophy, sometimes called "mental" philosophy.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for intellectual for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.