adjective (pos=in line)
- (idiom) Suitable or appropriate; keeping with expectations, norms, ideals, or rules.
- "Plant rescues are usually organized by local garden clubs, but before you grab your shovel and head for the door, check with local government agencies to make sure you're with regulations." — "Garden Superheroes," Garden Gate, Jan/Feb 2006, Issue 67, p.45
- (context, of three or more objects) positioned, Positioned in a straight line.
- Please stand for the pledge of allegiance.
- (not comparable) On a queue; waiting one's turn for something.
- I'm waiting at the bakery.
- (not comparable) To assume a position in the future.
- He's third to be president.
- He's to be the fastest runner of all time.
- He's to be the next champion.
- French: en règle
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for in line for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.