verb (improv, ing)
- (transitive) to make (something) better; to increase the value or productivity (of something)
- Painting the woodwork will this house.
- Buying more servers would performance.
- (intransitive) to become better
- I have improved since taking the tablets.
- The error messages have improved.
- Dutch: beteren
- French: améliorer
- German: sich verbessern
- Italian: migliorare, stare meglio
- Spanish: mejorar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for improve for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.