verb to ID (ID"ed, ID"d, ID"ing, ID"s)
- (transitive) To identify (an object, etc.).
- (transitive) To request to see a person"s identification for proof of identity or age.
- The bartender will have to ID you before serving you a drink.
- Identification or identity documentation, such as in ID card.
- Idaho, a state of the United States of America.
- Intelligent Design (creation theory)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ID for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
abbreviation id. or
- One of the three components of the personality in the Freudian psychoanalytic model
- (computing) abbreviation of identifier
- Abbreviation of the Latin word idem, same. Used in citations to state that the citation is found in the same work as the one previously cited.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for id for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.