- to float in the air
- The hummingbird hovered by the plant
- to linger in one place
- The strange man hovered outside the gents
- to waver, or be uncertain
- This time, I hovered between Labour and Liberal Democrat
- (computing) To place the cursor over a hyperlink without clicking
- a tooltip appears when you hover over this link
Etymology: hoveren (frequentative of hoven).
- German: schweben
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hover for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.