verb (hogg, ing)
- Any animal belonging to the Suidae family of mammals, especially the pig, the wart hog, and the boar.
- A greedy person; one who refuses to share.
- (slang) A large motorcycle, particularly a w:Harley Davidson, Harley-Davidson.
- (transitive) To greedily take more than one's share.
Etymology: Old Norse hoggva = "to strike", "to cut". "Hog" originally meant a castrated male pig. (Compare "hoggett" for a castrated male sheep.)
- Hey! Quit hogging all the blankets.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hog for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.