- A Spanish-speaking person.
- A person residing in the United States of Latin American or Spanish descent, generally but not always exclusive of Brazilians.
- Of or related to Spain
- Pertaining to a Spanish-speaking people or culture, as in Latin America.
Etymology: From (term, Hispania) the name for the Iberian peninsula including both present-day Spain and present-day Portugal.
- Houses in New Mexico, California and Florida exhibit a strong architectural influence.
- (context, historical) Of or pertaining to the Iberian peninsula, its people, its culture or its languages.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Hispanic for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.