Translations: Etymology: From the Greek god and mythological alchemist w:Hermes Trismegistus, who was said to possess a magic ability to seal (with spells) treasure chests so that nothing could access their contents.
- Of or pertaining to Hermes Trismegistus.
- Of or pertaining to alchemy or occult practices.
- Obscure; secret or unrevealed.
- Isolated, away from outside influence.
- airtight, Airtight or gas-tight; impervious to air or gases.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hermetic for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.