- An individual or organism possessing both male and female organs, typically including both types of gonads.
- An earthworm is a .
- A person or thing possessing two opposing qualities.
- (nautical) A hermaphrodite brig.
- Dutch: hermafrodiet
- French, hermaphrodite
- German: Hermaphrodit , Zwitter
- Having both male and female organs, typically including both types of gonads, in one individual or organism.
- Combining two opposing qualities.
Etymology: From Hermaphroditos, the mythical son of Hermes and Aphrodite, possessing both male and female qualities.
- Dutch: hermafrodiet, hermafrodiete
- French: hermaphrodite , bisexué , bisexuée
- German: hermaphroditisch, zwittrig
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hermaphrodite for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.