verb (heap, ing)
- A crowd; a throng; a multitude or great number of persons.
- A great number or large quantity of things not placed in a pile.
- A pile or mass; a collection of things laid in a body, or thrown together so as to form an elevation; as, a heap of earth or stones.
- (computing) A data structure consisting of trees in which each node is greater than all its children.
- (transitive) To pile in a heap.
Translations: Etymology: hÄap
- He heaped the laundry upon the bed and began folding.
- (transitive) To supply in great quantity.
- They heaped praise upon their newest hero.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for heap for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.