- Balls or pieces of ice falling as precipitation from a thunderstorm.
, year = 1977
, title = MANOBS Manual of Surface Weather Observations
, edition = Seventh, Amendment 15
, publisher = Meteorological Service of Canada
, location = Canada
- Dutch: hagel
- French: gríªle
- German: Hagel
- Italian: grandine
- Spanish: granizo
- (intransitive) (used only in the infinitive and the third-person singular with it) Said of the weather when hail is falling.
- They say it's going to tomorrow.
- (transitive) To send or release hail
- The cloud would hail down furiously within a few minutes.
- Dutch: hagelen
- French: gríªler
- German: hageln
- Italian: grandinare
- Spanish: granizar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hail for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.