- A prediction about the outcome of something, typically made without factual evidence or support.
verb (guesses, guessing, guessed)
- Dutch: gok , gissing , veronderstelling , raden, denk
- French: conjecture
- German: Vermutung
- Italian: congettura
- Spanish: conjetura
- To reach a partly (or totally) unqualified conclusion.
- (mainly US) to suppose (introducing a proposition of uncertain plausibility)
- That album is quite hard to find, but I guess you could look online for a sample song.
- Dutch: veronderstellen, gissen
- French: deviner
- German: schí¤tzen, raten
- Italian: indovinare
- Spanish: adivinar, conjeturar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for guess for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.