- A person, creature or thing that growls.
- (context, historical, slang) A cab with four wheels.
Etymology: From growl.
- 2006, Thomas Pynchon, Against the Day, Vintage 2007, p. 254:
- :Lew pulled his socks from a jacket pocket, grabbed his own shoes, and together they proceeded to the street and into a , and were off.
- (rfv-sense) A small iceberg or ice floe which is barely visible over the surface of the water.
- (rfv-sense) (informal) A roughly half gallon jug typically used to carry beer.
- (italbrac, dialect) A Yorkshire term for a pork pie.
- (rfv-sense) (context, UK, slang) The vagina.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for growler for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.