- pain, Pain of mind on account of something in the past; mental suffering arising from any cause, as misfortune, loss of friends, misconduct of one's self or others, etc.; sorrow; sadness.
Translations: Etymology: From French, grief.
- Her betrayal caused Jeff .
- Surely, he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows. -Isaiah 53:4
- Cause of sorrow or pain; that which afflicts or distresses; trial; grievance.
- She was worn out from so much .
- Physical pain, or a cause of it; malady.
- My elbow has been giving me .
- (colloquial) hassle, abuse
- Fred was giving me over the money I owed him.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for grief for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.