- A grazing waterfowl of the family Anatidae, bigger than a duck.
verb (goos, ing)
- Dutch: gans
- French: oie
- German: Gans
- Italian: oca
- Spanish: ganso (usually wild), oca (farm goose), í¡nsar (rather a formal/zoological word)
Translations: Etymology: gosOld English, gÅs.
- To pinch someone's buttock.
- (slang) To sharply and unexpectedly poke someone's crotch from behind, like a goose biting.
- (slang) To gently accelerate an automobile or machine, or give repeated small taps on the accelerator.
- (U.K. slang) Of private-hire taxi drivers, to pick up a passenger who has not pre-booked a cab. This is unauthorised under UK licensing conditions.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for goose for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.