- An internet search, such as that which is performed on the Google search engine.
- A quick look (for something or someone), either on the Internet or in a place.
- I took a google round the room (= I quickly looked around the room but not very thoroughly.)
- He did a google (= He did a search on the Internet)
- (internet) A hit obtained by a search engine.
- The word "oceanfront" has 6,150,000 googles, so I think it must be a real word.
verb (googl, ing)
- Dutch: googlen or googelen
- German: googeln
- Spanish: googlear
(trans-top, a search using any comprehensive search engine)
- (intransitive) (cricket) To deliver googlies.
- (intransitive) (cricket) To move as a ball in a googly.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for google for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.