- A mistake or error
- I made a goof in that last calculation.
- As a specific usage in film, an error made during production which finds its way into the final release.
- A foolish person
- Your little brother is a total goof.
- In prison, a goof is a term reserved for child molesters. Ex-cons take immense offense at being casually called a goof; goofs in prison are beat up by other inmates for their past crimes.
- To make a mistake.
- It's my fault: I goofed.
- To engage in mischief.
- We were just goofing by painting the neighbors cat green.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for goof for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.