adjective (godl, ier, more)
- Of or pertaining to a god
- her godly powers = her superhuman powers
- devoted, Devoted to a god.
- Devoted to the single deity of one of the monotheist religions of Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.
- 1809, Jonathan Edwards, The Works of President Edwards
- :If you would know what a man is, whether he be a godly man or not, you must inquire what his God is. If the true God be he whom he respects as his God, ... he is doubtless a man ... if the man have some other god, something else to which he pays a greater respect than to w:Jehovah, Jehovah, he is not a man ...
- Gloriously good.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for godly for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.