- The sound made when a liquid is poured out of a jug or bottle.
- The amount of liquid issued from a jug or bottle when the "glug" sound is heard.
verb (glugs, glugging, glugged)
- "Pour a glug of bleach into the toilet for good infection control."
- To quickly swallow liquid.
Etymology: onomatopoeia of someone swallowing liquid
- He had glugged that glass of wine before she got a chance to introduce herself.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for glug for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.