- (baseball) A player on the team the "San Francisco Giants".
- A player on the team the "New York Giants".
- (baseball) The team w:San Francisco Giants, The San Francisco Giants.
- The team w:New York Giants, The New York Giants.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Giant for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- A mythical human of very great size
- (mythology) Specifically, any of the Gigantes, the race of giants in the Greek mythology.
- A very tall person.
- (astronomy) A star that is considerably more luminous than a main sequence star of the same temperature (eg. red giant, blue giant).
- (computing) An Ethernet packet that exceeds the medium's maximum packet size of 1,518 bytes.
adjective (no (compar) or (superl))
- Dutch: reus
- French: géant
- German: Riese
- Italian: colosso
- Spanish: gigante
- Very large.
Etymology: Via Middle English from Old French, ultimately from Latin gigas; compare French géant
- Dutch: reusachtig, reuzen- (in compounds)
- German: riesig
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for giant for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.