verb (inf=to get across, gets across, getting across, got across, (UK) got across, (US) gotten across)
- (context, transitive or intransitive) To cross; to move from one side (of something) to the other, literally or figuratively.
- In heavy rain, the cavalry couldn't the river.
- It's impossible to with all checkpoints closed.
- Bridge the digital divide. Let the poor .
- (transitive) To make an idea evident; to successfully explain a thought or feeling.
- I couldn't to the board this simple economic fact.
- Better organized writing helps to get the point across.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for get across for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.