noun (plural: genii (classical Roman mythology) or geniuses (colloquial))
- someone possessing extraordinary intelligence or skill
- extraordinary mental capacity
- inspiration, a mental leap, an extraordinary creative process.
- a work of genius
- (Roman mythology) the guardian spirit of a place or person.
- A way of thinking, optimizing one's capacity for learning and understanding.
Etymology: From Latin geniusLatin, genius, household guardian spirit, from gensLatin, gens, tribe.
- Dutch: genialiteit
- French: génie
- German: Genialití¤t
- Spanish: genio
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for genius for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.