noun (generosit, ies, -)
- (uncountable) the trait of being willing to give your money and/or time
- 1963: Erik H. Erikson, Childhood and Society
- :We have mentioned as an outstanding virtue required in Sioux life.
- (uncountable) acting generously
- (uncountable) the trait of being more than adequate
- (literally) (uncountable) good breeding; nobility of stock
- (countable) a generous act
- 1873: Reverend M. C. Tyler, Proceedings at the Laying of the Corner Stone of the Sage College of the Cornell University
- :May the generosities of the founders of these halls, be rewarded by the fair and holy characters which shall be here formed....
Etymology: See etymology section in generous
- Italian: atto di
- Italian, di generosití , atto generoso
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for generosity for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.