- An apparatus, equipment, etc, to convert or change energy from one form to another.
- A machine that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy.
- One who, or that which, generates, begets, causes, or produces.
- An apparatus in which vapour or gas is formed from a liquid or solid by means of heat or chemical process, as a steam boiler, gas retort etc.
- (music) The principal sound or sounds by which others are produced; the fundamental note or root of the common chord; -- see also generating tone.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for generator for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.