verb (generat, ing)
- (transitive) To bring into being; give rise to.
- The discussion generated an uproar.
- (transitive) To produce as a result of a chemical or physical process.
- Adding concentrated sulphuric acid to water generates heat.
- (transitive) To procreate.
- They generated many offspring.
- (context, transitive, mathematics) To form a figure from a curve or solid.
- Rotating a circle generates a sphere.
- German: erzeugen
- French: générer
- Italian: generare
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for generate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.