- A (normally) complete range.
- "She delivered a striking performance that ran the gamut of emotions, from A to B." -- Review of Katharine Hepburn in the Broadway play "The Lake".
- (music) All the notes in the musical scale.
- All the colours available to a device such as a monitor or printer.
Etymology: gamma + ut
- French: gamme , palette
- German: Farbpalette , Farbskala , Gamut
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gamut for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.