- A device to restrain speech, usually a rag in the mouth and secured there with tape, another rag that has been folded into a narrow strip, or a rubber ball threaded onto a cord or a leather or rubber strap.
- (media:sp-t04.jpg, Illustration)
- An order or rule forbidding discussion of a case or subject. Also called a gag order.
- A joke or other mischievous prank.
verb (gags, gagging, gagged)
- German: Witz , Gag
- To have the vomiting reflex triggered.
- (U.S. Army slang) Smoke
- Transitive_verb, Smoke : to order a recruit to exercise until he "gags" (usually spoken in exaggeration)
- To restrain someone's speech
- Dutch: kokhalzen
- French: bailloner
- German: mundtot machen
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gag for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.