- (also fuze in US English) A cord that, when lit, conveys the fire to some explosive device.
- The device that ignites the explosive charge in a mine or missile.
- A device to prevent the overloading of an electrical circuit.
verb (fus, ing)
- German: Sicherung
- French: fusible
- French, fusible
- Spanish: fusible
- (transitive) To melt together; to blend; to mix indistinguishably.
- (intransitive) To melt together.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fuse for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.