- hairy, Hairy skin of an animal processed to be a suitable wear to cover human nakedness and to protect humans from the cold.
- A pelt used to make, trim, or line clothing apparel.
- Hairy coat of a mammal, especially: when fine, soft, and thick.
- A coating resembling fur.
Translations: verb (furs, furring, furred)
- A thick pile of fabric.
- Layer of epithelial debris on a tongue.
- To cover with fur.
Etymology: From furren, from fourrer, from forrer, from the (Ger.)
- French: s'entarter
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fur for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.