- stuffy, Stuffiness; stifle, stifling warmth in a room.
- 1916, John Buchan, Greenmantle
- :I was pretty bad myself, but managed to move about all the time, for the in my cabin would have sickened a hippo.
- (intransitive) To enjoy a warm, stuffy room.
Etymology: (back-form, frowsty)
- 1902, Rudyard Kipling, Just So Stories
- :The cure for this ill is not to sit still, / Or with a book by the fire;
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for frowst for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.