Translations: verb (frets, fretting, fretted or , fretted or fretten(usually in compounds))
- (music) One of the pieces of metal/wood/plastic across the neck of a guitar or other musical instrument that marks note positions for fingering.
- An ornamental pattern consisting of repeated vertical and horizonal lines (often in relief).
- (context, transitive, obsolete/poetic) To devour, consume.
- (transitive, and, intransitive) To gnaw, consume, eat away.
- (transitive) To chafe or irritate; to worry.
- (intransitive) To worry or be anxious.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fret for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.